Thursday, June 25, 2009

summer

Just now, at 10:15 am, I am finishing up my cup of fresh-press coffee. I am nibbling the last bit of a juicy white peach which I purchased last night from the farmer's market three blocks from my apartment. I am reading a very funny story. I am not listening to anything, just the murmbling of the fridge (which happens to be stocked with all of my absolute favorite Trader Joe's goodies) and the stuffy mountainy summer air. 

In three days I will hop on a plane to visit a lovely friend in Seattle. Until then, my pressing and urgent plans include putting the final layer of paint on my green desk, hitting up the beach one more time, baking some pear-bran muffins, and finishing "Seymour: An Introduction." 

I love summer. I'm thinking maybe I was designed for summer...I do summer very well. :)

4 comments:

  1. That story is... bizarre. Just really very strange. Was "John Fitzgerald" being portrayed by Will Ferrell, by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! that's perfect. I didn't even think of that while reading...I feel that I should have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm honored by the link. Sadly I took the story down, but (happily?) because I did a revision and submitted it into a contest. Not sure how I'll do, but it feels good to compete. And yeah, Ferrell would be a good choice for the film adaptation. Is Dave a Dave I know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! I'm so glad you sent that in! It was hilarious, really. Let me know how it goes.

    I don't think you'd know Dave...but he's awesome, you should know him.

    ReplyDelete