Sunday, August 23, 2009

a very happy atmosphere, a bay window

The Star News did a profile of my town. The only source quoted is the local real estate agent. I don't think it went through any edits. It makes for some jarring reading. But I've found that sometimes technically awkward things can be strangely lovely. The foremost example of this is title an eld student gave his essay about divorce: "A View of My Father's Back." 

Anyway, this writer and this real estate agent have no such excuse, but still, I love this goofy sentence about the Sierra Madre Elementary school:

"There is a waiting list of people from Pasadena wanting to transfer. 'They want in,' she said. 'It has a very happy atmosphere, with a bay window.'" 

That bay window seems to be the reason for the happiness, or equally important to the happiness, and I guess, if you want to get nit-picky, the window belongs not the to school building but to the happiness. 

But either way, it's rather poetic. 




No comments:

Post a Comment