Sunday, October 18, 2009

more nice music.

I actually try hard soooo hard not to post lyrics. It seems like a waste of time, plus, if I posted all the lyrics I wanted to, that's all this blog would be, because I'm constantly hearing strains of stuff and loving them in that 'ahhhhhhsooogooood' heartachy kind of way.

Anyway, this is different for some reason. This is a really good song for a birthday, and I love the way she sings the first line.

Sorry I was cruel, I was protecting myself
Drifting along with my swords out, flying
Tattering my own sails, and I tattered yours, too
Took you and wrapped you around me like a spell.

Oh, how the night drags on, oh
but I think I see a pink light and the coming of dawn
Oh, how the night drags on, oh
but in the fading of the constellations I am growing strong
In the fading of the constellations, I am growing strong.
In the fading of the constellations, I am growing strong.

Laura Veirs, Pink Light

While we're on the subject of heartachy-good music: Lauridsen: Lux Æterna. Whenever I need total peace, this is what I listen to. The pieces are very similar to what we sang in my college choir. It's very fun to listen to something beautiful and know exactly how difficult it is to achieve that sound. It always makes me miss singing. Incredibly beautiful music.

1 comment:

  1. my favorite line from that one is

    "bones of lonely memories surround me
    good time skeletons are kicking at the ground"

    ReplyDelete