Sunday, July 26, 2009

frivolity

I guess if you didn't know me & had to judge me from the contents of this blog, you'd assume that all I do is write, sniffle about writing, read other people's writing, and sit around insipidly, thinking about how I'd rather be writing. 

I mean, it's a writing blog, so that's fair...but still. I do other things. This is a frivolous entry. It has nothing to do with writing. It is about boys and clothes (and dolls, too, inadvertently. very girly!)  

1. Having to do with boys:
                   


In Chicago, we were "forced" to take shelter from a thunderstorm in the American Girl Place. This bookshelf cracked me up. The brand of books is called "A Smart Girl's Guide To..." All sorts of great topics, like managing money, friendships and manners. Yet which one was flying off the shelves? Look closely! I suppose, at any age, boys remain a baffling species. 


2. Having to do with clothes:


This Free People blazer is waaay too expensive. But I really want it and I just tried it on and it fit like a dream and I am quickly finding ways to justify how I need something like this very, very much. And I am a very good saleswomen, especially when the customer happens to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment