Saturday, June 12, 2010

a r t i c u l a t e (n.)

who me, tonguetied?
no sir. the mirror swells a bit with pride
at my eloquence (i can tell myself
most anything).

a r t i c u l a t e (n.)

...she says of me. a compliment
but i can't spell to save my life
still i complement myself just fine
me & my misspellings.


this year i swore, swore, swore
nobody, no sir not even God in his Glory
nobody could steal the solid
out from under me.
nobody.

not the disease
he flaunts & we sweep
to the back, back corners of the
souls of things.

not the updown look
of a puzzled world
deciding where to put me.

nobody, nosirnothing.


no, i diagramed
grand plans
to stand on trust
stand on joy, joy divine,
--just
climb, climb, climb.


yup. my long-suffering reflection
chews and strains over
every calculation/every
possible combination
of word's order, word's weight.

& the strangest thing--

i'll never breathe
a phrase or hint or word or gleam
of this, my beautiful

a r t i c u l a t e

philosophy.


No comments:

Post a Comment