Monday, November 14, 2011

It's been a weird day so far, writing-wise. I'm exhausted from a long weekend: two shifts at Jones, two back-to-back princess parties. (I was Rapunzel this time, and we had some very skeptical four-year-olds...one even made an attempt to expose me as a fraud by yanking forcefully at my blond braid, and yelling, "it's a wig!" requiring me to think on me feet and remind her that the lock of brown hair she'd exposed was the piece the witch cut right before kidnapping me. I put a little scratch of sob into my voice and sighed, "oh, I don't like to talk about it." That left her awed and saddened. Or at the very least, it shut her up.)

All that to say, I slept in this morning, and now I'm trying to get going, and I got an email from a fellow student suggesting doing writing imitations. One of the poets suggested was Plath, not surprisingly. And so I decided to try reading some poems online, when I came across this comment stream. Plath didn't even write this poem, I think it's Christina Rossetti...but the two top comments made me laugh so hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment